As early as 1898 golf was being played on the links above Gairloch Beach. The course comprises nine holes, set in spectacular scenery with a backdrop of mountains and views to Skye and the Western Isles. Although a small course, the holes are nevertheless challenging with some tricky shots. Visitors to the club have included Prince Andrew, and there are regular tournaments for both locals and visitors. The clubhouse occupies a delightful position overlooking the beach, with views to the mountains, and is open for refreshments to those who do not wish to play golf. There is ample parking beside the course. Tourists can take advantage of day or weekly rates to play the greens. The members are always keen to welcome visitors.